Available exclusivity on CoffeeAvenue, try it if you are looking for a rare coffee with complex notes of orange zest and chocolate. The Goodlife offers a medium roast so that this Peaberry can be enjoyed as an espresso or as a gentle extraction.
Grown on the slopes of Mount Kenya, north of the capital of Nairobi, Peaberry coffee benefits from favourable climatic conditions and rich volcanic soils. Peaberry is not a variety. Peaberry is the result of only one of the two fertilised coffee beans in the cherry. By concentrating its development on a single bean, its shape is oval as opposed to a more common half-sphere shape. It is a rare coffee since its harvest only represents 5% of total production. This results in fruitier coffees with more complex aromatic concentrations.
- Origin: Kenya
- Region: Boma, Kericho
- Producer: Boma Farmers' Cooperative Society Ltd.
- Altitude: 1,500 - 1,830 m
- Variety (ies): Peaberry
- Post-harvest treatment: Washed
- Roasting degree: Medium
- Recommended extraction: Espresso, Filter
- Recommended preparation: Espresso machine, Moka, French Press, V60, AeroPress