Medium roasted for espresso, Comsa Blend offers a dense and generous crema with rich notes of berries and dark chocolate.
Since 2005, the constant innovation of the 1,450 coffee producers that make up the COMSA Cooperative has been rewarded. The unique characteristics of their land, located in southwestern Honduras, is now recognised with the Marcala appellation.
They have developed inventive farming methods such as agro-ecology which uses only natural organic-fertilisers. This process increases yields to above the national average and its quality is now recognised by all specialty coffee roasters.
- Origin: Honduras
- Region: Marcala
- Producer: COMSA, Café Orgánico Marcala
- Altitude: 1,300 – 2,000 m
- Variety (ies): Catuaì, Caturra, Icatú, Lempira, Bourbon, Pache, Pacamara, Parainema and Yellow Catuaì
- Post-harvest treatment: Washed
- Degree of roasting: Medium
- Recommended extraction: Espresso
- Recommended preparation: Espresso machine, milk recipes, Moka