With Dual, you have the perfect blend between the toasted and chocolate notes of Colombia, and the fruity notes and acidity of Ethiopian coffee.
To make Dual, Horizonte uses one of its sure values, "Traditionnal", a specialty Colombian micro-lot that comes from the Gerardo Farm. Christoph has forged strong ties with Gerardo by helping him modernise his production infrastructure and by purchasing the entire Traditionnal crop. With this exclusivity, Horizonte wanted to combine it with specialty coffee from a region known worldwide for these unique and high-end endemic varieties, the Yirgacheffe region in Ethiopia. This rich taste is the perfect result of the high altitude, fertile soil, the region's constant rain, and the intergenerational know-how of the local farmers. Dual could very well have been called "Harmony" because this specialty coffee blend, from two unique regions with such opposite characters, go so well together.
- Origin: Colombia, Ethiopia
- Region: Anserma / Caldas - Gotiti / Yirgacheffe
- Producer: Gerardo Franco / Wote Konga
- Altitude: 1,800 - 2,000 m
- Plantation size: 1.33 ha / 2 ha
- Variety (ies): Castillo, Caturra / Heirloom
- Post-harvest treatment: Washed
- Roasting degree: Medium
- Recommended extraction: Espresso
- Recommended preparation: Espresso machine, Moka, Milk recipes
As espresso, we like the entry in the mouth, its almost instant refreshing sensation, and citric touch too. We recommend it a little long, so why not drink it when you need a little pick me up?